Because of the sheer size and speed at which semi-trucks travel, 18 wheelers pose a unique danger to careful motorists on the roadway. Having to share the road with these large vehicles means that you and your family are constantly exposed to a large and heavy threat.
If you've been involved in any type of a truck accident or injured by an 18 wheeler, please contact our attorney, Christopher W. Jeffress, today. He can draw upon his 25 years of experience to help you seek the maximum compensation for your damages and injuries. Contact him at Jeffress Law today by calling (303) 732-6634.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Semi-trucks are so large that they can cause horrible and catastrophic injuries if you're ever involved in an accident with one. Oftentimes, these accidents are completely avoidable, but occur because of a truck driver's negligence or the negligence of the trucking company.
Common truck accidents occur because of the following:
- Truck driver disobeying traffic laws: Oftentimes truck drivers disobey speed limits, regulations when they're driving in inclement weather or on a steep incline, or even disobey the rules that stipulate which lanes they're supposed to remain within.
- Truck drivers trying to meet deadlines: Trucking companies and truck drivers make more money when they meet or exceed deadlines. Therefore, truck drivers may drive too quickly or overload their vehicle in an attempt to get more product to their destination.
- Truck driver fatigue: When a driver is trying to make a deadline, they may drive when they're far too tired to be behind the wheel. They may consume too much caffeine or anti-sleeping medications in order to keep driving, but their reaction time is affected by their exhaustion and can lead to accidents.
- Poorly-trained truck drivers: Sometimes, trucking companies won't properly train their drivers because they're in a rush to get them working. This can lead to truck drivers making mistakes and causing automobile accidents.
- Poorly-maintained trucks: If a trucking company doesn't properly maintain and inspect their trucks, then they become hazards to everyone they share the road with.
Our Attorney Can Help with Your Truck Accident Case
An 18 wheeler accident can lead to horrible injuries and even death. Our attorney can utilize all of his experience to help you and your family seek compensation and recover from your horrible accident. He will spend time with your family and determine exactly how your accident has affected you financially, physically, emotionally, and professionally. He will help you seek compensation for any or all of the following:
- Damage to your vehicle
- Medical care
- Loss of employment
- Loss of benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
When you're ready to seek help with you truck accident, please contact Jeffress Law today. Our attorney will make you his priority and never treats you like a number because he knows that every single case is different and equally important. Please fill out the contact form on this page or call us at (303) 732-6634. We are proud to serve clients in Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, and the surrounding Metro Area.