Hiring a personal injury lawyer can make it easier to get the justice and compensation you deserve. However, the success of your claim depends on who you decide to work with. Ask a few questions during your initial consultation to learn if the lawyer is a good fit.
Questions About Experience and Background
There are many different types of personal injury cases. That means not all personal injury lawyers will have experience that is relevant and useful in your situation.
Ask questions such as:
- How long have you been practicing law?
- How many years of experience do you have with my type of case?
- What verdicts and settlements have you received in cases similar to mine?
- Do you have any client testimonials that I can read?
Questions About Your Specific Case
Your initial consultation is a great opportunity to learn more about the merits of your injury case. You probably won’t receive specific legal advice during your initial consultation. However, an overview of potential legal strategies and successful past cases can help.
Related questions may include:
- How much do you think my case might be worth?
- How long do you think it will take to resolve my case?
- What are the potential strengths and weaknesses of my case?
- Will you take my case to trial if needed?
Remember that your lawyer will also have their own questions about your case. Answer them honestly and openly to get the most out of your initial consultation.
Questions About Legal Fees and Expenses
Legal bills may seem out of the question when facing medical expenses and lost wages. Ask your lawyer if they work on a contingency fee basis or if they charge an hourly rate. Jeffress Law works on contingency, meaning you do not have to pay anything unless we get you money.
Schedule a Free Consultation in Boulder
Call 303-993-8685 today to arrange your free personal injury consultation at Jeffress Law. We proudly serve clients in Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, and the surrounding areas of Colorado.