Injury Lawyer Serving Boulder, Longmont, Broomfield & Surrounding Areas in Colorado
Hot temperatures are the name of the game across Boulder this July. It’s the perfect time of year to enjoy swimming with your family at Front Range pools and waterparks. Swimming is a healthy, fun activity that gets you and your children out of the house, and lets you cool off on the summer’s hottest days.
As a parent, it’s completely rational to be concerned about your child’s safety while they’re in the pool. The Consumer Product Safety Commission says drowning is the leading cause of unintentional death among children ages 1 through 4. Unfortunately, personal injury attorneys are all too familiar with the catastrophic and sometimes fatal injuries that can occur because of unsafe pool drains or defective pool equipment. We also know that many pool injuries can be prevented.
You can keep your little ones safe by providing supervision, making sure your child knows the rules, and by ensuring your home pool is properly equipped:
- The pool should be surrounded with a fence that is at least 4 feet high, and that has a self-latching gate.
- For added precaution, install a pool alarm that sounds when someone enters the pool.
- Children in the pool area must be supervised.
- Keep children who are swimming within arm’s reach.
- Avoid distractions while supervising children in the pool.
- Establish pool rules, such as no running or diving.
- Enroll your children in swimming classes so they have the skills to enjoy the pool safely!
Do you think your child’s pool injury may have been the result of someone else’s negligence? If so, we encourage you to call Jeffress Law for a free case review. Our experienced Boulder, Colorado injury attorney will make sure you know all of your options. Please call the law firm of Christopher Jeffress at 303.993.8685.